What to do?

Today hasn't really been the most stellar day for me. I try to keep the unpleasantness out of my journal and focus on the positive with some mention of a restaurant, or a funny link, but that is kind of difficult sometimes. I worked this morning, which was actually fine, and I got out at a reasonable time. There was nothing wrong here. The thing that went wrong is a matter between Christina and myself. She explained it in her journal's first post here [link removed] and that pretty much sums it all up. I fell asleep and didn't wake up to my phone ringing. Then again, our "couch" does have the most comfortable mattress in the whole wide world. To make it worse, I have a hard time understanding Christina over the cell phone when she is driving and using her microphone. There is distortion and just plain muffled sounds coming through. Not like I have very good hearing to begin with. So, she got ticked off at me and hung up when I couldn't understand her. I don't want her to have to pay for classes all by herself. I want to be able to provide for her and help her out. If only those bastards at Best Buy gave me the promotion and the raise that they *promised* to me and yanked away the very day they were to promote me. If only her dad didn't say that she was on her own and refuse to help her, even though I have the distinct feeling that if her sister asked he would be there in a heartbeat. It's all my fault that he's doing this to her. He resents the fact that she doesn't look solely to him for support and he can't handle the fact that another man has stolen his little girl. That, and I don't think that he believes that she is ready to be on her own, by the way that he speaks to her sometimes. Don't get me wrong, the man has some good points, but they don't center on allowing his daughters to grow and experience things on their own. He has the means to give Christina a hand with schooling, but he chooses not to because he is jilted that she decided to go with me and not stay under his roof. Ugh. Enough bad talking him. I really don't mean to paint such a bleak picture. he went out of his way to invite me to stay with them when my lease at school was up for the summer. He didn't have to do that, and he did it to make Christina happy. All I want right now is a happy night at home. Christina is still angry and doing her stuff she got at her sorority meeting. That means no talking to David, much less smiling at me. That is the worst. Have you seen how her smile can light up the darkest night? It does to me. When she truly smiles, she smiles with her whole body, her eyes, her shoulders, all the way down to her toes. It's an amazing thing, and I love her that much more every time she does it. I haven't seen one in a few days though. :(

0 comments:

Post a Comment