Missives from the Doghouse

Well, it seems that my screwy sleep patterns have harmed my life again. Last night, Christina and I went to Theo's for an hour or so, the bar I used to work at. We hung out a bit, she danced, and I had to rescue her once. We had a wonderful evening, until we were on our way home. You see, she wanted to stop and get some Wendy's, which I was all for, but the two we stopped at were closed. She got mad at me. I suppose I could have gotten Toxic Hell (Taco Bell) but our stomachs were better off without. Add to this that I was tired as all hell. I ended up getting less than an hour and a half of sleep before I had to get up and go to work, and this was cut in half by Myst waking me up in the middle of it. Today, I went to work all right, got there with a few minutes to spare, and worked my tail off for a little over 8 hours. I got Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clowns (yes, I know) for 9.99 since Best Buy price matches Toys R Us. Also, Christina finally got the laptop that she has been wanting. Well, not *the* one she wanted, but one that kicks the ass of my computer. In buying this, I made Christina late to work. Strike One. When I got home, I set up the laptop to charge for when she got home. I almost fell asleep twice doing this simple task. Nap time. I set my phone alarm and my alarm clock for 5:00pm, so I wouldn't sleep my day away, and another phone alarm for 7:20 so I had time to return Spiderman and get gas before picking Christina up from work. Guess who didn't wake up. Strike Two. Christina calls me at five past 8 and is pissed, understandably so, since she has sorority stuff to attend to. I freak out and am racing to get my stuff together and get out the door. I run out the door, lock it behind me and then spin around to catch the door. It shuts, and I have no keys. Strike Three. I am officially in a deep load of crap. Thankfully, Justin can pick her up and bring her here to get her car (and let me in) and he saves the day. Thanks to him, I also saved the twenty dollars that it costs to get let into my apartment when locked out. So, Justin and Jason were over, and I rewarded Justin with a precious Amaretto Sour (liquid gold to him) and we hung out for a bit. I also got to see Jason, who I haven't seen for a few months. So I screwed up big time tonight, and I am not sure if Christina is going to come back here after the sorority stuff. I really hope she does, even if she comes back to yell at me. I hate it when she runs away to her parent's house. But, then again, I am not the only one in the doghouse for the night, so it won't be too cold. Jason and Justin left the house because another set of friends, Chris and Heather were arguing, and then when Jason didn't say "yes dear" and run back right away to get Erin, she got mad at him. I am not justifying this at all, however. I really am to blame for my own stupidity.

0 comments:

Post a Comment