What a Saturday

What a day I had. I'll start off by saying how deliriously amazing my Friday was, despite having to take an exam at 1pm.  I even got to see The Bourne Supremacy, which was actually pretty good. Saturday started after perhaps the best night of sleep I had in a while.  How rarely it happens makes me appreciate it all the more, and want it every day.  Er, night.  I had to go to Bravo for a server meeting, which was actually pretty useless.  It consisted of telling us that things will be changing, in a few weeks, but not right away.  Ooooookay.  Good job on communicating it, boss.  I also stayed on and worked a morning shift, my first time alone on the floor.  It was a good day, not very busy, but everyone was happy and had a good time.  I got out of there later than I had hoped, since I was double sat ten minutes before the shift change.  On my way home, I called my dad, since we had plans to play some shafabo, drink some beers (Coke for the Kevo), and generally be music pirates, sharing our collections.  I got a lot from my dad already, but I want Kevo's music also. It turns out the the lil bro wasn't feeling too darn well, being miserable on the couch and spending some time praying to the porcelain god (even though he would be drinking Coke, not beer).  I was assured that he may feel better as the night went on, and it wouldn't be a bad idea to still come over.  I got home and relaxed for a bit before getting ready to head over.  As I was shutting my computer down to disassemble it for transport, my phone rings, and dad tells me that, if Kev's condition continues to worsen, they're going to the ER and getting him checked for appendicitis.  So, coming over, not such a good idea that moment.  I wished them well, and turned my computer back on. I spent the evening reading and bolstering my already healthy sized music collection (I am open to suggestions for tunes to acquire, if anyone is willing to offer them!), and in the mean time, I talked to my other brother, Jason, and told him that I was not going to dad's, as originally planned, because dad thought Kev might have appendicitis.  Jason got slightly worried, but I kept thinking, where better could the kid be?  He was in the home of his father, an ER doctor specializing in Trauma, who lives right near Beaumont hospital, probably the best hospital in the area, where he works and can get him in quickly.  It turns out those connections were well-used.  By 9:30, Kevin was minus one appendix, and sleeping in the hospital for the night. Cheers, kid.  Glad you got it taken care of in such a timely fashion, and as dad says, "It's a good thing it happened now, so he can snowboard at Snowmass in a few weeks."  Asshole. This morning was spent  with Kelly, the way mornings should be spent.  We went to Leon's for breakfast after she went to church, and then I helped her with her Music class homework, and then we watched The Apprentice that she had taped.  When she went to work, I came home, talked to my mom for a while, and now I am reading again, listening to my music.  I don't think I have enough songs, only 2,625 pluls some comedy I am working on. We weren't going to actually play shafabo, but play some Shafabo.  Make sense now?  I thought so.

0 comments:

Post a Comment