It's Been Way Too Long

Hey there everyone, I must apologize for being so lax in my updating techniques.  It's been pretty lame having the same thing in front of the screen for the past.... well, since September. Let me just update you with what's been going on.  I worked out in Birmingham this past semester, which was bad since I had school and live in Belleville. My free time has been spent petting my kitty, spending as much time as possible with Kelly, and watching good ol' American tv. The holidays were hectic because Kelly and I had 9 stops to make in 3 days (Christmas Eve, Christmas, Day after Christmas).  Woo, what fun. I played the beta of World of Warcraft, Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, and am currently slogging through Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls. As for current things, I am searching desperately for a new job in the area.  I have two interviews tomorrow, so that's promising.  I also have 16 credit hours in school.  I am taking two management courses, chemistry with a lab, history, sociology, and health.  Wednesdays are 10am-10pm with an hour and a half off in the middle.  It's going to kill me, isn't it? I just installed an Extension for Firefox today called Deepest Sender, which is a LiveJournal blogging thing that I can access directly from the web browser, which is handy.  I think I like it. I have noticed a trend lately that is pushing me further and further from the previous standards.  My email account is through GMail instead of Hotmail, I use iTunes instead of Windows Media Player, Trillian instead of AOL Instant Messenger, and Firefox instead of Microsoft Internet Explorer. GMail allows you to have a gigabyte of storage, and a pretty dang stable spam blocker. iTunes is much more customizable than WMP, and much cleaner of an interface.  Also, when I get an iPod (not if), it will sync seamlessly with it. Trillian is a messaging service that has no annoying ad at the top of the window that will randomly pop up and play a clip of a movie that I don'e want to see, unlike AIM.  Not to mention it will support AIM, ICQ, MSN Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, and IRC accounts... all at the same time. Firefox is the most stable web browser I have ever used.  I can block ad images (banners) on websites, popups are blocked, I can open multiple websites in tabs (not separate windows, but tabs switch through them), and the extensions add more functionality and customization possibilities. Now that I have pimped all of the free programs I use to you, I shall bid you adieu once more, but not for another 4 months like last time.... probably.

0 comments:

Post a Comment