A Few Days in the Life

Okay, so life hasn't been amazingly exciting this week. I went to all of my classes, which is never fun, took pages of notes, and was exhausted.  Did I mention that I am in class for 12 hours on Wednesday and 8 on Mondays?  Yeah, that's fun. On the other hand, I have been working more at Bravo, training.  The longest day was Thursday, when I got there at 10:30am and stayed there for the morning shift, a classroom training session, and a night shift, heading home at 11:00pm.  Twelve and a half hours there, I think I got fairly well acclimated. Saturday morning brought, other than a pretty hellacious snowstorm (only 8 inches overnight...), a server meeting scheduled at 8:30am.  I hauled myself out of bed and drove the 14 miles to work in 45-50 minutes, only to find out that it was cancelled and nobody decided to let the new guy know.  So I went home and slept.  Of course. Saturday night, I ran food and kept busy making sure people didn't have to wait any longer than necessary.  Luckily, because of the storm, we were off the wait early, and I got to go home after less than 5 hours. Sunday was breakfast with Kelly and some shopping, which was fun.  I came home, and went to work at 345, and was unbearably bored.  Two peoplw were sharing a banquet that was supposed to have 22 people at it.  Only 15 showed up, so three of us (me being the trainee/bitch for them) doing nothing for three and a half hours.  Then after they left, I got to do something, but I was so bored. Today, I am putting off getting ready for school, but I have to.  Stupid school.  Always getting in the way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment