Oh, the Stupidity that is David.

Just so you know, this is the third entry posted simultaneously. Perhaps you want to go read the other two? I suggest you do that, starting with With a Little Help from My Friends AND Travel Woes. So I was sitting, waiting for the other Gaijin to get off the plane from Detroit, arriving at 6:05pm, when it was nearing 8:00pm. Sure, an hour could be explained with the customs thing, but, come on. I decided to call JCMU, and I found out that the group flight arrives TOMORROW. Oops. So I had to get on another swanky bus to the Nagoya Station. I then brought the 100+lb of luggage across the street, then bought what I thought was a Shinkansen (bullet train) ticket, but apparently I was mistaken. I ended up having to get into another line and get the real Shinkansen ticket. Then, lugging the baggage, I got to the platform, thank God for escalators. Getting on the Shinkansen was no problem, getting off the Shinkansen was no problem. Getting my luggage out of the station was a problem. First, I had an escalator. No problem. Next I had 10 steps up. Difficult, but no problem. Last, I had 60 steps to descend, luggage in hand. I did it by taking one piece of luggage down 15 steps to one landing, then getting the other piece, leapfrogging it to the ground. Then, I got a taxi which brought me here, where I am now, FINALLY AT JCMU. Just so you all know, I am in room 126. I'm going to Lawson's, getting some grub, and I have already met a few people.

0 comments:

Post a Comment