Christmastime Passed Already

Woke up on Christmas morn, and the ground had flaky, white stuff on it. It was about time. I was not going to be happy with a not-White Christmas. Upon waking and giving the kitties their presents (toys, of course) and a special meal (wet food, not just dry), I relaxed a bit before going over to my bro's for the day. I was actually the first one to get there. Susie was slaving in the kitchen, cheffing it up for us, and Jason and I lazed with video games. My Papa showed up with a surprise guest: my Aunt Dee was down from Canada! About an hour later, two hours late total, my mom showed up with Dave and the kids, David Carter and Diana. We retired to the funky 60s basement to eat out feast. Susie had made up homemade buttermilk biscuits, homemade sausage gravy, thick cinnamon french toast, cheesy eggs, and bacon and sausage, served with a variety of juices. Truly amazing. After said feast, we opened gifts and hung about. I got a cool sweater, Pirates of the Caribbean (yarr..... click), a gift cert to Koyama Shoten, the Japanese grocery store, a really cool wizard thing from David Carter and a little wolf calendar from Diana. When the kids kept getting louder, it was decided they should go home, and Jason and I played bunches of Mario Kart Double Dash. Most excellent. We played until my dad, grandma, granddad and little bro (Kevin) showed up. Susie was already well underway making the dinner feast. We talked for a bit, had a Manhattan, which I will not drink again, and then had dinner. By the way, a Manhattan is 2 shots whisky (blended), 1.5 shots sweet vermouth, and a maraschino cherry on the rocks. No clue how they like them. Dinner was prime rib, green beans almondine, garlicky mashed potatoes, spaghetti squash and big crusty rolls accompanied by homemade au jus and gravy. Dessert was homemade cream puffs with Sanders Hot Fudge. Sweet Sassy Molassey, I was stuffed. After dinner we played Tripoley, a family favorite game. It deals with cards, poker, and is tough to explain here. I'll maybe explain later. Suffice to say I won the game by a factor of three higher than anyone else. I rock. Dad and grandparents eventually left and Kev stayed. We played Double Dash till 1am and then I took Kev to my apartment where we watched Pirates of the Caribbean (yarr....). We fell asleep at 430am, but it's all good. We woke up around 1030 or 11! I'll tell you about the day after in my next entry.

0 comments:

Post a Comment