More Work Stuff

Well, Christina and I both went to our respective interviews in opposite directions on Monday. It was kind of weird, driving for 2 hours only getting to the place and interviewing for one hour, and then turning right back around to drive home. On the way there, there was a huge accident on 94, 5 cars and a semi, so I had to get off the freeway and drive through exciting Jackson for about 7 miles and then get back on. No biggie. On the way back, I found the St. Julian Winery, where I stopped and had a few samples. I also bought a bottle of their newest label, Blue Heron, a semisweet white. While at the interview, however, I was not nearly as relaxed. I got there, and all of these people in white jumpsuits were passing by. Apparently, you wear white pants and a white long-sleeved shirt to work. Everyone from lowly grunt to upper management does. The interview started normally, with a guy asking me about my work experience and so on and so forth, and then the Japanese started. It was a half hour of Japanese wherein I was told what my responsibilities were going to be, what was expected, and so on and so forth. I was asked to read a magazine article, which had lots of impossible kanji. I think I did well, and so did the recruiter, Kathy, because when I talked to her an hour and a half later, she hadn't heard anything, so that was good. By the time I had gotten in cell phone range and bought the bottle of wine, Christina had left me a message telling me that she got the job! Woo Hoo!!! I am so proud of her! After the interview and lazing at home for two hours, I had to go to Ypsi to take a Japanese exam, even though I felt like I had already gone through one. It was pretty easy, though. Skip ahead to Tuesday, I get an email from Kathy saying that the interviewer was out of town and would call her in the AM with details, and she would call or email me in turn. Good, a response. I hadn't expected one immediately, of course, but I want it now! I wake up in the morning, and I have an email. From Rent.com where I had been browsing the night before. So I leave my monitor on and try to ignore it using the "Watched Pot Never Boils" theory. I get another email! Woo! It's my American Homebrew Association newsletter. Okay, okay, two emails in one day isn't unheard of... Then while watching new anime (see next post) I get yet more email! This is unheard of. this time it is from a guy in my Japanese class who got a job listing for Viz who is a huge anime/manga supplier in the US. I am starting to break down. I never get three emails in one day, and especially not when I am expecting a different one! So I went to class and had my oral exam, which didn't go so smoothly since I couldn't concentrate on anything. I come back and check my mail one last time. One more new message... Is it it? Nope! My dad emailed me about a family party on Saturday. ::sigh:: I am going bonkers! This morning, Thursday, however, I am awoken by my phone. It is Kathy on the phone telling me she heard back from Musashi. They think the interview went very well, they said it was excellent. But they have to still talk to the Head of HR, and they may have a different position open for me, whatever that means. They said if they don't get a hold of me today, it will definitely be by tomorrow afternoon. So by Friday PM I will know if I have a new job speaking Japanese. Keep them fingers and toes crossed...

0 comments:

Post a Comment