Elusive Rest

Why is it that everyone seems to be sleeping so poorly lately?

At work, people are having more of those work fever-dreams.  None of us can leave the evenings behind us.  I had one where I was pretty much paralyzed with my one table and had four other tables sat around me.  It was not pleasant, and I woke up feeling as if I had just closed my eyes.

That happened again last night.  I fell asleep on the couch, and I got in to bed at 3:30am, and woke up at 7am for church.  It was pretty bad, and it felt like every time I blinked or closed my eyes, that they were lined with sand.

If it were not for the little nap we got between the church and the birthday parties, I would not have been much use to anybody.

Did I mention birthday parties?  There were two birthday parties for one-year-olds today.  First was Hannah, Amanda's little one, and the other was Jack, Audra's little man.  Throughout the day/evening, we were surrounded by little kids and babies.  At the second party, I had a 7 week old Sophie in my arms, sleeping, and stealing my energy.  Finally when we got home, we zoned out on the couch watching the Grammys.

Quick note about the Grammys -- I never expected Robert Plant to win Album of the Year.  Well done!  Radiohead performed their 15 Steps with the USC Trojans marching band, and the little shout out to Bo Diddley by Keith Urban, John Mayer, B.B. King, and Buddy Guy were the highlights of the show to me.  Also, M.I.A. looked like she was ready to pop.

0 comments:

Post a Comment