Firdays Good

Since leaving earlier on, I have enjoyed myself constantly. I went for a bike ride to Yuu Store, the new grocery store that also, inexplicably, sells some clothing. I bought snacks and supplies for Yakiniku, grilled meat. I got some charcoal, a pair of tongs, beef, scallions, the appropriate sauce, and, of course, beer. On the way back, I decided to be all kinds of tricky and ride through the rice paddies. Well, it paid off. I got home safely, and had some great views. It was enjoyable. Before Yaki-ing the niku (grilling the meat), I played some ping pong, then marinated the meat in yakiniku sauce (go figure), scallions, and black sesame seeds. Eric, Robert, and I tried valiantly to get the Japanese charcoal to light first off, but it was harder to light than American briquettes. We even used this crazy gel fuel that we assume could be used in flamethrowers and fanned it with ping pong paddles, and that seemed to work. The grill started, tossed the meat on, and it cooked up nicely. People were coming over and wanting to steal it, but we said, no, so sorry, this is my yakiniku. Eric, Robert, and I feasted like kings. Hell-damn-ass kings. Then shortly after we took a walk to Hokano Lawson's (Other Lawson's) about a mile down the road. They have a better selection of ice creams, and it is an absolutely gorgeous night. I am happy, have three beers in me, tasty beef, rice, scallions, and ice cream. Beauty of a night, this Friday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment