A Wee Bit o Time Passes

So, classes start, and there's nothing exciting about them except that two of them changed rooms and didn't post notices, and that means that David was late for a couple classes. No biggie. I also went to visit Justin Mielgaard, who is the study abroad advisor at EMU who sent me to Japan the first time. It turns out that I was one of the first students he sent abroad here, and thinks I should definitely go back. Just have to get that pesky application and reccommendation letter done... In other news, I had an excellent night recently. I went up to East Lansing to visit Erin, and keep her company, and Stef came home too, so she was there. I figured, well, why not see if Jason is free? and he came up, too. We mainly hung out, playing Super Smash Bros Melee, Mario Kart, watching the Robin Williams Live on Broadway, and Raiders of the Lost Ark before crashing. We also got Dubs and CHEWY COOKIES delivered to us from Menna's Joint, which is a tasty sandwich wrap place up at State. In the AM, we woke up, slowly, and relaxed a while before deciding we had to do something to get away from Star Trek: The Motion Picture (what's with those belt buckles, anyways?), so we went to Harper's, which is a little brewpub close by. Had a pint of stout (there's a breakfast for ya!), and it had a nice, hearty roast flavor, with tones of chocolate, espresso, and toast in it, a moderate bitterness, and it retained a frothy head for about 2 minutes. Not a bad little beer! Jason tried the Raspberry Wheat, which surprised us by being pink beer. Now, we got over the shock, and it had a very strong raspberry flavor. Like a light wheat beer overpowered by the raspberries. It was still good, and Jason and I each brought home a growler of it. When food was done, I carted Erin, Stef, and Jason to Menna's to meet up with Bud, where I thought we were going to hang out a bit, but veryone had to part. Bud wanted to give me FZero to play for a while, and who am I to argue? I had to follow him home. But not before going back to Erin & Stef's to get my stuff together. Hugs all around (and let me tell you, I didn't want to let go), and we parted off to our separate ways. I followed Bud home, watched an episode of Charmed because his roommate was watching it, ate Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream, then he got me up on the DDR pads. Dance Dance Revolution. Ugh, I can honestly say I do not like this. I couldn't keep my weight distributed properly, then the arrows would confuse me and I looked like I was dancing on hot coals, poorly. They kept saying, "You'll only get better," but I'm not going to have that option, will I, since I don't live there. It has been expressed to me many times that I am always welcome back up at that apartment, and I think I may have to abuse that. I mean, I want to go up there and spend time with Erin, so why not? Now I just have to figure out if I can afford to go up there tomorrow night...

0 comments:

Post a Comment