The 4th

So, who asked for the snow? I mean, the day I am getting ready to have my pile of people over, it gets nasty out! I went to go get Super Smash Bros Melee (nobody rents it anymore, so I just bought it at Gamespot), and by the time I got the game and got back to my car, a half inch had fallen. Of course, by the time people showed up (even though one person wussed out, Danny Bumford), the snow had stopped. It was still nerve racking, thinking that nobody was going to come. Jason, Justin, Joe, Rob, LaGory, Stef, and Erin all showed up. We played bunches of SSBM, then busted out Euchre. I was pretty much starting to teach Erin and Stef was getting a refresher, when we ran out of Irish Cream. I had had one drink by this time, so I invited Erin to join me on a trip to Meijer's to acquire said Cream of the Emerald Isle, plus other snax such as potato skins as per Stef's request. That taken care of, I was back to the little gathering. LaGory put in Fight Club in the background, played bunches of Euchre, and I got a video of LaGory and Grabowski rocking out to Iron Man (sung themselves). Eventually, Grabowski got tired, and took LaGory and Stef with him, since he drove them in the first place. Jason and Justin left because they had to work in the am. That left Joe, Erin, and myself. We watched the rest of Fight Club, watched tv, then played Melee until the wee hours of the morn, around 430am.Joe was asleep on the floor, and Erin stretched out on the couch, her legs over my lap. I kept dozing, almost falling asleep on her. Personally, I wouldn't have minded, but I decided to do the better thing, and give her the couch and move to the floor just there. I offered to open the couch, but she said no. I woke up at 7, 8, 930, 1030, and 1130. 1130, I stayed up. Erin soon woke up, followed by Joe. We talked, played more SSBM, then people went their separate ways. It was a good night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment