2004 and Beyond!

So I had some people over on New Year's Eve, and it was pretty cool. Before everyone came over, lil Rach stopped by and confused us. Erin, Stef, Rita, Joe, Aaron Engi, and Jason were all over. Engi brought a pile of liquor, most of which wasn't touched, because it was really only Jason, Engi and myself drinking. Joe had a drink and Erin had a Killian's, but that's about it. Rita doesn't drink (from what I gathered), and Stef didn't because she was driving Rita home. Erin only had one, and early on, so she was fine. We decided to watch Pirates of the Carabiner (Yarr... Click), uh, I mean Caribbean. More than halfway through it, it was New Years, so we stopped the movie for a bit, and watched the ball drop. At this time, however, Jason was out on the stairs, all the tequila and beers having hit him by then. He had had around 5 shots and 4 beers by then. And they all decided to punch him in the face at once. (for the record: Jason had also had quite a bit by the time he fell in the sink, not just the one that I had) We heard disjointed counting from the apartment of "10...9...8..... ..... 10...9...8....4....3.... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!" So, though they were sober, they still couldn't count. Within the half hour, Rita and Stef took off, to beat the bar rush traffic, and Erin, Aaron, Joe, Jason and I finished Pirates, and then, sadly, Erin left. Jason fell asleep on the couch, snoring, and the remaining conscious people played Mario Kart until about 430am. I woke up around 7 to feed cats, and Jason was kinda awake. So we all got up at 930 and played, what else? Mario Kart! until about 130, when we went to get food at a nearby Coney Island. Shortly thereafter, after more games, of course, they all left me to my silent apartment. That was my amazing New Year's Eve. It was great to get to see Rita after 3 years of not seeing her, and being able to find out that she was okay, and safe, doing more with her life than I am now. It made my night. On the 2nd, I went to lunch with Jeanette, and saw her for the first time in years. We went to Olga's, then walked around the mall. It was also really good to get to see her again, and find out first hand what's going on in her life. Despite all her own percieved shortcomings, he is lucky to have her, she really does miss him, and wants to be there to take care of him right now. And, damn it, she's doing more with her life than me, too! I feel so slow. But, hey, tomorrow, I will have a pile of people over. It's going to be 7-12 people if I counted correctly. That's going to be fun, where am I going to put all those people? I have my queen bed and a pull out bed, and pillows and blankets galore, so that *should* work. Let's hope it does as well in practice as in theory.

0 comments:

Post a Comment