EL and Back Again

So, I was invited to East Lansing again to go to Buffalo Wild Wings (B-dubs) with Erin, Stef, and Marcie (one of their friends) this Thursday, so I got out of class early and headed up for the night. It was awesome. First off, B-dub's had about 15-20 beers on tap. Perfect for David. They had good wings, and it gets better. We got a table right next to the dance floor (they have a DJ there on Thursdays). So I sat down by Erin, and Nick, another MSU friend shows up to the bar. I buy the second round for everyone, and we are having a good time. Stef and Marcie are dancing away, while Erin and I (sometimes Nick, too) would chill at the table. Eventually, I told Erin that if she wanted to dance, then I would gladly go with her (the closest I have ever been to asking someone to dance. Was it because of Bud and his damnable DDR? Was it because I was drunk? No, I just wanted to dance with her, so there!). Let me just say I *really* enjoyed dancing with her. After dancing for a while, it gets really crowded, and we head over to Harper's, where Jerry Sprague (who used to play at Theo's) was playing. We went in to relax a bit before going home, and listened to tunes for about a half hour before heading out. Marcie dropped us off, and we watched some X-Files, ordered more Menna's and had Bud deliver it, which was cool to get to see him, even if he was at work. In the am, Erin and I moved my car to the commuter lot, which was cold, but not much of a problem. Then we came back, the ladies studied (Stef had an 8am class, ugh!), and I napped a bit. We discussed some things, and generally just chilled. I had to go to work at 5, so I left at around 1:55, which was, I thought, plenty of time. Well, it took 25 minutes for the bus to the commuter lot to show up, it took forever to get there, because a train was in the way, then I got into my car after 2:40. With the weather, snowy and slick, I got to my apartment with just enough time to shower, shave, and skedaddle. It was rough, and I got to work at 5:08, because when I went to work, there was a 3-car accident at Warren and Newburgh, and I had to go through the rubbernecker traffic, so I was late. Hey, traffic, accident, and stuff got me a no-problem tardy. Work sucked today, because every cheap idiot was out with their belligerent significant other. One, we were dead, so nobody made money. Two, the people were horrible tippers (5-10% was standard today!!!). Third, there were three arguments/fights. I took care of people who were having an argument (it was horribly tense), and didn't eat any food, just got up and left, their food untouched. Didn't pay, either. So I didn't, thankfully, since it wasn't my fault. One woman threw all the jewelery her guy bought her on the table and stormed out, while the guy paid. We have her jewelery in the office now. Two people came in and ordered a beer, and had two young teenaged kids with them. By the time the beer got to the table, the couple of adults seemed blitzed, like it all just hit them at once, and because of this, everyone double and triple checked on them, making them uncomfortable and, therefore, belligerent. They were grumpy prats who should *NOT* have driven home. That, and even though it was dead, we didn't get out of there till after 1, because of the new, stricter check-out process, making sure every little thing is perfectly clean. Not a bad idea, we were just all cranky and tired. And so am I tired, so I shall sleep now. Good night to all, and to all, well, you know the rest. And if you read this, Erin, thank you once more for inviting me up, and I'll try to come back soon, or at least to get together. Had yet another wonderful time. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment