One of the Longest Nights...

I was at work last night (Thursday), and I was a closer.  I was set to get out at around 11:30, after clean up and check out.  However, I left at 10:15 instead.  Kelly was brought up to Novi, curled up in a ball and hyperventilating. Enter Emergency Mode. I rushed her to the closest place I can think of -- my dad's house.  Kevin woke him up for me so he was sentient when I got there.  Kelly was having a panic attack and her chest pains were worse.  She was not in a good way.  I think she overexerted herself by going to school and work.  We thought the antibiotics were working, but I guess that was not the problem. Dad sent us up to Beaumont with a specific set of instructions.  We were to get a chest X-Ray and blood test to rule out possible blood clots. And here we were without insurance. Kelly got her gown on and laid on her gurney.  Rene came and got the X-Ray ordered post haste and we got down there.  A couple minutes after the pictures were done, Rene came back and whisked her away to the Triage to go get a room.  Blood was drawn, and EKG ordered, and then we played the waiting game. Dad got us sandwiches and we got good news -- EKG clean, blood test clean, and X-Rays lovely.  I always knew she was photogenic. Turns out it was pretty much crazy acid reflux.  A couple grand later, and we find that out.  Ugh, I shudder to think of the bill. So, Prilosec and Maalox later, we are home and sleeping in our uncomfortable waterbed.  It is 3:30.  We were supposed to be home at 11:50.  A long night, but at least Kelly will be better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment