Had an awesome day!

Well, everything's comin' up Milhouse! Er, David.... It was a beautiful day in the small town of Westland: the sun was shining, the birds were chirping, and the Davids were humming happy little tunes. Allow me to elaborate. I woke up refreshed, having been able to sleep in till 8. Three hours longer than usual. After taking the lovely little lady to work, I came back and prettied myself up for my final interview to be a waiter at Famous Dave's (see prior post). Back at the "office" (the trailer outside the restaurant-in-progress) I met with Dan, the General Manager, and interviewed with him outside in the lovely weather. I wowed him with my product knowledge (why, yes, I do believe the beverages are best served IN GLASSES) and my prior experience (I eat almost every day!), and he went inside to confer with his fellow Daveites. I sat outside for about 15 minutes, during which time, I received a wonderful phone call, telling me my car that I wanted would, in fact, be mine. More details there later. I went in to talk to Mike, the Director of Operations, and then back outside to talk once more to Dan who told me that I had a job. Woo! Car and a job! All in one day! After the interview, I went to do some mundane errands. I jumped through hoops to get rid of my old Talon (now a large paperweight that plays the radio), and went home to get ready for class and take Christina to get my new car. An hour and a thousand signatures later, the car was mine. It is a 2003 Honda Civic LX 4-door sedan, and, for the next three years (and 36000 miles) it is mine. It is Pearl Blue, with a Grey interior, built in dash CD player, air conditioning, brake AND gas pedals, light up displays (blue, also), and a spacious trunk which would comfortably fit two bodies. I got hooked up big time. Dan Hedges is a great guy, of course. He hooked me up with the detail job of a lifetime. It sparkled. Hell yeah. He scotch-garded the interior, and clear coated the exterior. Clean as clean can be. I am pleased with it all. Top it all off with going out to dinner at Don Pablo's getting some fajitas and a giant Killian's, and David had a pretty rockin' day. I'll leave it at that. Maybe I'll inform you of the next few days I will spend cleaning the warehouse at Best Buy. I'll see how horrific it is when I actually do it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment