Chinese Food and more

Today was a busy day for me. For starters, my computer tried to die yesterday and subsequently ate my 5 minute speech I had written in Japanese for my final. I also had my final written exam in my other Japanese class and was supposed to take my oral for the same before, since I am unable to be there at the appointed time on Monday. Add to all this that I had a "Study Session" for Famous Dave's in the middle of it. I was frazzled. I rushed (kinda late since I was stopped by the stupid train) to get Christina from work, who took her sweet time to get out of there. Love ya, hun! I got there too late for the oral, so I am doing that tomorrow. My exam went fairly well, and I had time to figure out how to improvise the rest of my presentation, since I had time to rewrite only half of it. I did all right, I guess. Oh, and Christina sat in on the class, and was thoroughly confused. We were all speaking in Japanese, and we didn't have subtitles. Afterwards, Kristy (one of the girls I knew from Japanese and Christina knew otherwise) asked us if we wanted to go out to dinner with her and her boy, Dion. We eventually said yes, and the two Chinese girls, Jiang and Ching-Chang (I think I spelled those right...) and Mary came out, too. We all went to Emerald City at Christina's suggestion, and had an awesome time. We ordered 5 dishes and split them between the seven of us. There was Chicken Mushu, Emerald City Chow Mein (with beef, scallops, and shrimp), General Tsao's Chicken, some Tofu with Mushroom dish, and a Sizzling Beef and Broccoli Skillet. Add to this an appetizer of Korean Style Dumplings (deep fried and crispy instead of steamed and pan fried. All in al, it came to only $11 a person, including tip. And this is not a cheap place! We made out well, with great food, good friends, and an enjoyable evening was had by all. A wonderful end to a frustrating day. And I get to snuggle up to Christina later on, too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment