Wine and Workouts

Workout first, wine second. Tuesday April 3rd, I worked out a little bit.  I started at 9:30 and ended at 10:15.  Concentrating on the hip adductors and abductors (inside and outside of thighs), lower and upper back, shoulders and chest, I went from machine to machine. Beginning weight:    223.6lb Ending weight:          222.9lb I did no cardio, just machines since I had just attended a wine tasting. Which brings me to wine! I recently got a job at WineStyles in Livonia, which sells and displays their selection in a very different fashion.  Instead of organizing by region or grape varietal, they split it all into Styles.  Hence the name. There are eight categories: Red wine, from heavy, full bodied, tannic all the way to fruit-forward, easy drinking and approachable.  - Bold  - Mellow  - Fruity Sweetest wines and sparkling stuff.  - Nectar  - Bubbly White wine, from lavish, oaky, honeyed, cloying wines to acidic citrusy, sit outside on a warm summer day wine.  - Rich  - Silky  - Crisp The idea is that everyone will be able to figure out a category they enjoy and nearly everything in that area will be something they like.  They also do $2 pours for 2oz and 8oz glasses for $8.  On Tuesday and Friday you can come in after work and get 6 flights (2oz pours) for only $6.  There is a wine tasting every week.  It may cost $15, but for two hours of learning about wine and drinking it, it ie well worth it. The reason I didn't work out much was because of the wine tasting.  I was at a tasting from seven until nine on Tuesday, and it was very enjoyable.  However, working out after all of that is just not possible.  I think I will enjoy working here with all of the wine people.

0 comments:

Post a Comment