New Restaurants

I just checked out a few new restaurants tonight which had, in previous incarnations been other restaurants. There has been a Thai place called Tuptim that used to be a fairly nasty looking Long John Silver's. I wanted to check the place out, so I grabbed a menu. The Thai dish I wanted to try, Pad Tai, was twelve dollars, a little too expensive for my tastes. The place I ended up eating food from was called Al Noor, previously a Taco Bell, and has mainly Lebanese and other Middle Eastern cuisine. I had Kalaf Habati, or something like that. It was ground lamb that was seasoned, char grilled, and sliced into strips served over rice and sauteed onions, green peppers, and stewed tomatoes with a bunch of pita bread on the side. It was really good. The lamb was seasoned well, but not overpowering, the rice was good (anyone who knows me will know that I am very picky with my rice, having eaten it almost every day for four months in Japan), the vegetables were a great touch, and the pita brought it all together. It cost me about nine dollars, and it was worth it. As my food settles, I am looking online at various ring tones that I can download for my baby cell phone. I might get In-a-Gadda-da-Vida, Ride of the Valkyries, or something like that. My brother wants me to get Big Pimpin for when he calls me. That is too funny. By the way, I am looking at ring tones at AT&T and at Your Mobile which was featured on tonight's Audio File on Tech TV.

0 comments:

Post a Comment