Erik and Lexie's Wedding


Erik and Lexie's Wedding 010
Originally uploaded by david_gibb.
We went back to Delaware this weekend, for another wedding. This time, however, we flew. It was a fairly uneventful flight, but we got the car, and it had three seats too few. It was going to be a tight ride home.

I will skip most of the details and just hit the highlights.

The rehearsal went well, and we even made it there before the maid of honor (thanks to my leadfoot). The rehearsal dinner was pretty darn delicious. They even had a nice Valpolicella to drink in addition to my dearly beloved Yuengling beer.

We crashed at Lexie's, then when the girls left to get ready for the wedding, we went to A.J. and Debbie's place to get ready ourselves. It was strange being there without Kelly, since they are her aunt and uncle after all. We got to the hotel to check in and high tailed it to the ceremony. Once again, on time. I am starting to make a habit out of this!

There was a bit of time between the ceremony and reception, so we hit the lounge and had a pint of, what else, Yuengling. I wish this beer were distributed in Michigan. There was a cocktail hour with passed appetizers and drinks as well as other cheeses and veggies before we were allowed into the reception area that was (thankfully) at the hotel.

The revelry went late into the night, and at some point, became a blur. Safe to say we had a good time. I ended up falling asleep in one room while Kelly passed out in the other. I was awoken by Andrew Murawski (Tina's boyfriend) rolling over and putting his arm on me in his sleep. Apparently, we shared a king size bed, and he had to invade my space. Oh well, at least he kept his pants on.

The rest of the day was packing, finding multiple pairs of shoes that were not ours in our rooms, squeezing eight of us into a five seat Trailblazer (that the Alamo person promised would seat 7...), and driving from Wilmington back to Baltimore.

Upon arrival to the airport, we sat down to eat, and waited twenty minutes without even beverages. Deciding that we could not comfortably eat our meal and adjourn to the plane which would be leaving the ground in less than forty five minutes even if our food suddenly and miraculously materialized in front of our hungry faces, we left without a word. Sometimes, speed of service counts, and one of those times is at an airport restaurant.

The plane ride was nice, and we got home safely. A quick weekend, but filled with a lot of events.

By the way, the job is great, I will update on that later. My schedule quickly became overwhelming, and I ran out of time to write a review of my comings and goings. Please forgive me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment