Oh, St. Valentine

I had an amazing Valentine's Day yesterday.  Kelly and I decided to keep it simple, and I cooked for her. She didn't know what we were eating, but I had carefully taken into account the things she didn't like, and I ended up picking some of her favorites!  She came over, and she helped me get ready for the meal. I made a lemon-garlic pork loin with green beans almondine tossed in a sun-dried tomato, basil, and white wine sauce that the pork was also cooked in.  We also had redskin potatoes with garlic, parsley, and black pepper and crescent rolls.  Dessert was simple strawberry shortcake. It took a while to cook, but in the end, it was worth it.  The pork was tender and juicy, the sauce for the green beans and pork was awesome.  I impressed myself. Thankfully, I also impressed her. We also watched The Bachelorette, one of those shows that she makes me watch.  I don't mind so much, but I wouldn't seek it out on my own.  After that, we put in The Notebook, a girly movie that was all too appropriate for V-Day.  It was actually really good.  Her friends told her that it would get the waterworks going, but that's not really the case.  There was no bawling or weeping. All in all, it was an amazing evening, and the best Valentine's Day I have had.  It didn't hurt that at midnight it became out 10 month anniversary, either.

0 comments:

Post a Comment